Monday, November 2, 2009

Day One

DAY ONE of my 30-day challenge has started off well, although this is to be expected. At the end of this week it'll be interesting to see where I'm at and how I'm feeling.

Waking up to the sun shining again was really nice; I almost thought I'd slept in! The change definitely made for an easier time getting up and out of bed.

After sending Wee Man off on the school bus, I went for a very pleasant walk for 40 minutes. The sun was shining, the air was chilly, but not too cold. All in all, it was a great way to start my day. Actually it was a funny reminder today that winter is on it's way, when I heard people scraping the frost off of their windshields.

When I got home from the walk I immediately started taking down all of the Hallowe'en decorations outside. Then I prepped the garage for two cars being in it instead of just one; the frost covered my car this morning! I spent about half an hour sweeping and rearranging the garage, so I got a bit of exercise and a lot of satisfaction from that.

The no sugar thing is going pretty well. I say pretty well because I reached for the strawberry jam for my toast this morning and realized it was off limits. Also, when I went to move the Hallowe'en candy (of which there is a sick amount), I went to dip my sugar loving paw into the bowl for a confectionary delight, but I resisted. The Hallowe'en candy is going to be an issue. None of us need the candy, including Wee Man. A friend of mine in B.C. is going to tell her daughter about the "Switch Witch". Who's that you ask? She is the lovely witch that will switch all of your Hallowe'en treats into a nice new toy. What a great idea! I am going to try that this evening with our son.

I figured now is a good time to blog because I really want to snack on something sugary and yummy, but this is a much better way to spend my time. The washer and dryer have just stopped, so I'll occupy my time with that now.

So far, so good.

0 comments:

 

The Marvelous Cliché Design by Insight © 2009