Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Three

Day three is over, and again I did very well!  Hooray!

Exercise? ✓
No sugar? ✓
No take-aways? ✓

The bed time I set out for myself seems to be a much more difficult task; I just don't like going to bed early. Last night I didn't go to bed until midnight, despite the goal of lights out by 10:30 a.m.

Some really great news is, I came home for lunch today (I was busy running errands) and made a super yummy sandwich.  This is great news because I was so close to just getting a sandwich from somewhere healthy, with the caveat that at least it was healthy.  What is one of my goals?  NO TAKE-AWAYS!  I can't believe that on only the third day I almost caved.  Actually I can.  I am so amazed at how many times I buy food, coffee, and junk!  This is shaping up to be a great reality check.

I have noticed my mood and energy levels are great in the morning (once I'm out on my walk in the forest), but by late-ish evening I am so sluggish.  Tonight I have a headache and I'm pretty sure it's my body complaining about the low sugar levels.  I guess my body will still be trying to function as normal; normal being a huge amount of sugar.  My guess is that by the end of this week I'll be feeling much better.

Saturday is a bit of a bummer because I am going to buy my one take-away meal allotted for the month.  In actuality I don't want to buy any take-aways at all, but one of my closest friends is having her birthday and I can't really miss her celebratory dinner and evening out.  It does make me a bit sad to not have a full 30 days.  Then again, if I try in December I'll have all the excuses of 'the season'.  At least I am making a commitment to myself.  And really, what would life be like if there was no flexibility?  It still does bum me out though because I know I could do this.  Alas, time to move on and not focus on a future hiccup.

Bime for ted.

A.

1 comments:

Jacquie Bee said...

Well done Allison! Yes, flexibility is important. You still have to live in the world. You aren't dissolving your commitment, just making it work for you. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

 

The Marvelous Cliché Design by Insight © 2009