Monday, November 2, 2009

The sun'll come out, tomorrow.


I keep hearing about 30-day exercise challenges. I've even known a few people to do them. I guess because I don't know how, or maybe just refuse to follow what others do, my 30-day challenge will have a twist. Yes, there will be exercise, but there will be less exercising my right to sugar and ridiculous spending.

Tomorrow brings with it a promise to not eat sugar for 30-days. My body, heart and soul love sugar. The way it dissolves in my mouth, my tongue enrobed with it's lusciousness... ahhh. However, my health is taking a toll, so I need to challenge myself in order to shake up my oh 30 year love affair with my sugary sweet love.

Also, there will be not one take-away, food court, drive-thru meal. No matter how healthy a take-away can be, I will not be having one. Of course when I mentioned this to a friend of mine, she immediately said, "But what about my birthday?". I was a bit miffed for various reasons that need not be discussed here, but I will give in for that one meal (NOT the whole day that I'll be spending with her). Of course my Mom's birthday cake will also have to be a small amount of sugar ingested. Isn't it crazy? Thing is, people get really hurt when you don't share in their food celebrations. Should I outright refuse? I want to. Not because I don't care for, or love these people (or all the rest of the peeps that would want the same from me), but because I want to challenge myself and win!

Starting tomorrow the shit may hit the sugar-free fan.

To sum this up, here is what my 30-day challenge is:
  1. 30+ minutes of continuous exercise that gets my heart rate up, everyday for the next 30 days.
  2. No sugar. I will be eating things such as potatoes and bread, etc. I just won't be eating candies, ice cream, cakes, etc, etc.
  3. No take-aways; food court trips; drive-thrus, etc.
  4. I'll blog daily about all of this.
  5. Go to bed every weeknight by 10 p.m., and lights out by 10:30 p.m. Weekends will be business as usual.

I will review and total the number of dollars we as a family spent during the last month on crap foods. Then at the end of my 30-day challenge, I will let you know how much money I've saved. Also, I am going to try to convince my husband not to buy his lunches on a daily basis. The likelihood is that I'll have to make his lunches for him, but I don't mind. I just really want us to see how much our buying these meals that we don't even normally enjoy (!) is effecting our bank account and our general well being.

This experience will no doubt be difficult, but I'm up for the challenge. If any of you would like to join me in any of the challenges I've laid out for myself, or something you've thought of, please let me know.

A.


0 comments:

 

The Marvelous Cliché Design by Insight © 2009